CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Princess and the Fool

Once upon a kingdom in a castle by the sea
there lived a lovely princess and her name was Melody.
But why was she distressed and who's this at her side?
Here we find the princess and the fool that lives inside.
She wondered at herself. She was full of doubt and fear.
But also found inside her great compassion, grace, and care.
How did these combine into a murky person pool?
Which part of her was truer? The princess or the fool?
The princess longed inside to leave the fool in her behind
but it knew nothing else. The fool in her was blind.
She tried and tried to leave the fool but always would it follow
through every hill and valley, through every wood and hollow.
The princess tried to run away and pretend the fool was gone
but her foolish ways continued. She couldn't pretend for long.
The princess had no choice then! She must beat the fool to death!
She unleashed blows of hate but the fool maintained its breath.
And though the ground was rough and her royal gown would tear,
she fell and tasted flowing tears of failure and despair.
How could she face her father with the fool still by her side?
A princess should be lovely. Why this ugliness inside?
Then out of nowhere, two strong arms raised her to her feet.
Surprised, she turned around to see and whose eyes did hers meet?
None other than the king! The one all his was for!
In tattered dress and dirty face, she looked ashamed and poor.
She searched inside for words that could possibly explain
but didn't find a single one. Her efforts were in vein.
He wiped her tears and held her close and whispered in her ear,
I've been watching all this time and there's no need to fear.
I was never waiting for the fool to go away.
It's part of who you are and I intend for it to stay.

"But father! She is foolish! Her mouth is full of lies!
Her heart is full of fear and she wears a thick disguise.
This part of me is toxic. There's no room left for good!
I beg my king to kill her! Oh how I wish you would!"
The princess wept aloud and dropped her head into his chest.
And then he said, "Take heart and trust. You haven't heard the rest.
The fool inside I will not kill. I wish her to remain.
But I see what she can be. She will not stay the same.
Just trust me that I love you," and with a peaceful tone,
he said, "Know that I love you and you'll never be alone".
As he spoke, the princess turned and glanced off to the side
The fool had been transformed into a pure and spotless bride!
Astounded by her beauty, the princess shouted out,
"Oh father! Look what has become of all my fear and doubt!"
The father smiled and nodded for trust had been her choice.
He said, "Now listen closely," with a soft and knowing voice,
"This part of you will leave me for another every day.
She will still be foolish and give her heart away.
But I will never leave her or forsake her, rest assured.
Nothing she will ever do can take my love from her."

0 comments: