CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend

Well this weekend was pretty chill... on Friday and Saturday I did absolutely did nothing and it was amazing! :D On Sunday I went to church and then after that my family went out to lunch at Dave's BBQ and Indiana Jones with my Aunt, Uncle, and g-ma, and g-pa. We all had a fun time. After the movie I went home to Casa Grande with my grandparents and we went to their church's choir concert. Lets just say it was very "soul" you just had to be there! :D I spent the night in Casa Grande and then my parents came over Monday morning and we did a bunch of yard work for my grandparents and then ate hot dawgs :D yum! Then I drove home and went to bed. This morning I woke up at 11:30am (a beautiful thing) :D and I did work around the house all day! fun!

Update on my Grandma:
We found out the results from my g-ma's second test today and found out that she will be having surgery to try to remove the cancer on the second of this upcoming month. We are all praying very hard that this surgery will be successful, and that God will have his hand in all of this and his will be done.

Update on me:
Man I got to tell you that I miss leading worship so bad! It has been awhile and I am just ready to settle down and get plugged in. I defiantly think that this stage of my life is teaching me a lesson.... That God just wants me to love HIM not serving him (although that is great) he just wants me to love HIM. And I think he took away all the "doing" and serving in my life to teach me that lesson....

-Mapes

1 comments:

Tara K said...

I definitely know how you feel about missing leading worship and feeling like God is just wanting you to love Him. I felt the same way after being here for a few months and not playing. I really felt that God took that away and said, "Tara you need to learn how to worship me aside from drumming. You need to get close to me and love me and then I will do with you what I want." And then He blessed me and opened up an opportunity for me to play drums somewhere. So it's good you're going through this! It will definitely help you go deeper with Him