Last night I was going through some of my old journals and stuff and I stumbled upon a journal that I have not seen for a long time. I opened it up and in it was love letters that I had written to God. I started every love letter out "dear lover" and ended every letter " love, your warrior princess". As I started to read a couple of them, I began to think of the time I was going through when I was writing them. Bringing back old feelings and emotions that I had forgotten about completely. As I kept reading I found a poem that I wrote my God, my lover.
My Lover,
Hold me close never let go
Keep me warm in the cold
Keep me calm through the storm
Your loving hands I long to embrace
When I one day see you face to face
But for now my love we are apart
We are connected at the heart
I will love you forever and always
Even though I may stray away
You my love, I know you will always stay
Love,
Your Warrior Princess
This is still my heart.
-Mapes
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Stumbled Upon
Posted by Breanna at 6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
B i didn't know that u were quite the poet! that's a GRRREAT POEM!
tamara
i was thinking about this and i decided im going to do it. Ive strayrd so much recently from him. and i think this will help me out.
TOnight i started doing this and i wrote for hours. I feel like i have an old friend back in my life and the relationship has never been better.
Thank you for the idea! SO MUCH!
I'm not home yet! haha.
i get back the day before school starts! i just have accsess to a computer now! haha.
i wish i was home though. I guess being away from home has helped me with doing a whole lot of praying. and getting closer to my king.
the only downside is i havent been to church in FOUR weeks!
Post a Comment