There are so many things going on right now so I will just lay it all out there! Last night I got to go to a small group with Katie, Tori, Bre, Megan, and me. I had so much fun! I feel like I really connected with all the girls. We are starting a study on 1 Peter and 2 Peter I am so excited. This is what I pulled away from last night.
1 Peter 1:1-3
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, 4 and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. 5 And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.
This is talking about the gift of salvation that we have through faith in Jesus Christ. I love the part that talks about how the priceless inheritance (salvation) is kept in heaven for us, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. I know I find myself forgetting the amazing gift I have in my faith. But I also find myself forgetting that not everyone has this gift,and these people should be on our minds all the time. I am so excited to dig even more into this study!
After small group we went and got some dinner at Wendy's and then came back to church for rooted. I went to a dating class that the Sterbenz taught! They did a really good job, and I defiantly pulled somethings away from that class that I will defiantly be applying toany future dateing relationships. I got to hang out with an amazing person last night, and although we got harassed I think we would both agree it's worth is (they just harass us because they are jealous) oh and by the way I am not saying his name because... well I really don't know why, we just like to keep people on their toes :D I am so excited to go to Hume in three days! I pray God will show himself to me in a completely new way.
Answer to prayer! My Grandma is doing amazing! They went in to do surgery on Tuesday and turns out all the test were wrong, it was not cancer! The so called cancer was actually a small tumor that they removed with no problem. Praise God! I went to see her yesterday, and although she is doing amazing, it was so hard watching someone you love, in a hospital bed in pain from the surgery. But she is on a great recovery path and she is so strong through her faith and love for our Savior! Keep her in your prayers, as she recovers.
Well that's about it. I am probably forgetting something.... oh well :D
-Mapes
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Swirling Around In My Head
Posted by Breanna at 10:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
haha yes because nobody knows anyway :) haha
I dont even have a picture of jeramy on my page... haha.. thats how sweet i am [ =
Ill work on that... ill get some pictures up soon..
love ya
and hope to see you soon.
-AUNT Angel
Haha keep people on their toes, Oh B Mapes, you are so silly! I agree with Kevin's comment. But I love you :) ...Hume in 2 days, that's right!!!
seeing kevin in a hospital bed was funny :)
i'm really glad to hear she is doing great.
WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!!
Post a Comment