1 Peter 1:13-16
13Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
I love this passage. First it calls me to prepare my mind and be self-controlled (I struggle with both). Then it calls me to set my hope fully on the grace given to me by Christ. have you ever thought about all the stuff we put our hope in? I know I put my hope in all the wrong things sometimes. The next verse basically says don't go back to the ways of my "pre-Christ" life. Then something is said that is so profound.
But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
Do I live holy?
-Mapes
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Words From The Word: 1 Peter 1:13-16
Posted by Breanna at 5:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Hi Bre!
Thanks for being our photographer today and our sweet cabana girl! You are so loved! And so wise! So proud to be your Aunty!
Glad to see you're doing your devotionals :) Love you, Breannaanna
Post a Comment