Last night I got the amazing opportunity to speak at Expresso at Cornerstone. The theme was "Challenge". I shared my story and my challenges in life that I have had so far. Honestly, it was really hard for me to be so vulnerable with these women, but when I got up on stage and began to speak I felt this feeling that I was just a "puppet" being used by my Heavenly Father to communicate to these women that God is there in their challenges and that He loves them for them and where they are in life. I lost all feelings of "self" and truly felt like an instrument for His glory. I felt I was doing what I was created for because I was doing it for him. Afterwards, a girl came up to me and shared her story with me. We had a alot in common when it came to our stories. I gave her my phone number and email and told her to call me anytime and I also told her about our high school group and that I would love to see her there. Just the fact that my story affected someones life is just unreal to me. It is hard to explain but I just felt, last night, that I was fulfilling a purpose bigger than myself. I thank God for blessing me with the challenges in my life that I have had so far so that I, in turn, can bless someones life. My God is big.
-Mapes
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
I am an Instrument
Posted by Breanna at 12:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
You are an instrument. :-).
And I am very excited to read about how God is using you in His song.
Beautiful, Yes. :D.
you did such an amazing job last night!!!
We are so very proud of you darling daughter! I am so excited to see how God continues to use you in HIS kingdom!!
Awesome job last night Breanna! I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet and hug you in person...thank you for sharing!!! Andra
You did great and didn't know you had your own blog or I would have posted my own comment on yours. I will add you and your mom to mine so I can keep up with you guys. Loved meeting you both in person and hope to continue this friendship!!
haha! we are all connected somehow, it's crazy! :) small world...anyway, miss megan is my sweet niece! and what does that make joey, hmmmmm...not sure! lol! i've done youth camps as a leader with your cool parents as well, and my sister knows them also through Central. love your family! keep in touch...love your heart! you and megan should come hang out at our house sometime! my honey works nights, so the extra company is great for me and my girls! :)
Shoot me an email chika! Would love to visit more! andragood1@cox.net
As an Aussie would say, Good on ya!! Aww, I'm so proud. That's awesome Breanna! And even better that you understand that it really isn't about you, but it's totally about those women and God
Post a Comment