CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Needed That....

I received a pretty big slap in the face yesterday.

I had a pretty crappy day to say the least. I think so many emotions just got piled up on to each other, and they all decided to come out yesterday. There has just been some much going on in my world that has been stressful.

Yesterday on my way to Merge groups, the last thing I wanted to do was talk about God. Honestly....

We started talking about the story when Jesus calmed the storm (we have all heard it a million times) but it struck my differently last night...

Let me explain.... ok so there are a bunch of disciples on a boat with Jesus. Jesus falls asleep and while he is asleep there is a big storm that comes in. Pointing out that most of the disciple were fisherman before they chose to follow Jesus, which means that they have probably seen their fair share of storms. The disciple were terrified and they went to wake up Jesus telling him that they were going to die. Again pointing out that the disciples knew that Jesus was the Messiah but they so quickly forgot that he is God. When Jesus calmed the storm they were shocked and said "who is this man?"

I know that in "storms" in my life I can so quickly forget that God is God. I think we can all forget that.... the cure to this, surrender.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”
Philippians 4:6-7

-Mapes

2 comments:

Tara K said...

Good blog Breanna.

Yeah.. thats a pretty cool song! I've just started hearing about Sigur Ros.... they are very unique

Bryan said...

I'm sorry that it wasn't the best of days.
But I'm glad you got something from it.

I'd rather have that than a great day with no growth.